Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eee youch!

I think I overdid it yesterday. Moved around too much. Talked too much. Ate too much. Anyone who knows me is not surprised by any of this. But now I'm paying the price. I'm in pain. Like maybe a 5 or 6 pain. Ugh.

I don't know what I was thinking by not staying on schedule with the pain meds. Ordinarily I'm all for drugs, but these tend to make me go in and out of consciousness. I mean, that's a good thing for pain management after surgery, but I really wanted to be awake to sit with my kids for a bit this morning. My last Tylenol with codeine was around 2am, but I woke up around 7 with a terrible headache, and massive pain in my neck and jaw. I took a regular Tylenol, but after half an hour, I still felt every bit of pain. So, out came the heavier drugs again, but of course I'm too weak to open the dang bottle. Thank goodness Tim is working from home for a few days.

My mom stopped by this morning and took Colin over to her place for the day. And she'll be back around lunch time to get Kenslee from the bus stop. This way I can just veg out and nap whenever I need. And watch lots and lots of TV. By the way, am I the only one who has no clue who Taylor Lautner is?

5 comments:

  1. Also, thank goodness Tim is strong enough to open a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got all day to work on your next blog post.

    And don't worry, I have no idea who you are talking about either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is so boring, I have nothing to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is Taylor Lautner? Daytime TV sucks after Price is Right is over. Picks up again around 6pm with Two and a Half Men re-runs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, kym, you may be the only one who doesn't know him!

    ReplyDelete