Monday, September 26, 2011

But it's certainly not all roses

I have no idea where the past 3 days have gone. But we are so thankful for our family, who kept the kids for pretty much the entire time.

Saturday was touch and go, as I cut out the Tylenol #3, and tried to manage the pain with regular over-the-counter meds. The nausea hit it's peak Saturday morning, as I had been throwing up every few hours for almost 36 hours. That, along with the constipation, is what led to the breakup. I did everything I could to avoid going back to a hospital, even though it probably would have been a safer bet.

However, the pain levels have been between a 4 and 5. And it took 6 Colase and 2 Dulcolax pills to finally go to the bathroom this morning, after 7 days of nothing. I'm still very nauseous, but seem to be able to keep down a few small bites at a time.

There is a lump near the incision, which seems to be a giant pocket of fluids. It's about an inch long, by half an inch wide, and it's incredibly painful. I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor as to what, if anything, I should do about it.

The entire right side of my face and neck are sore, and the pain now radiates through my jaw to the left side. I think this is most likely due to my sleeping/laying/resting on my left side 24 hours/day. I'm still in the recliner, but am dying to get back to my snuggly bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment