Saturday, September 24, 2011

Breaking up

That's it. I've had enough of the vomiting and nausea. I'm done with my Tylenol #3.

Honestly I think it caused more pain than it was worth. I took the last pill this morning at 8:30am, and have been dealing with a level 2 pain on regular Tylenol. So of that's as bad as it gets on the regular stuff, I'm okay with it. I'm done with you codeine.

I wish it was that easy to stop the nausea and constipation though. By noon I couldn't see straight, or keep anything down, so I called the resident ENT. He wanted me to come back to the hospital for an IV of anti-nausea medicine and fluids. I really didn't want to go sit in an ER, not to mention make the drive back to Philly feeling like this, so he agreed to trying Zofran first. It's 4mg and dissolves in my mouth, so I don't have to worry about keeping anything down. I took it at 1:30pm, and while I don't feel any better, I was able to eat some plain pasta and 4 breaded mushrooms. Don't ask. I'm hoping those mushrooms don't come back to haunt me. But they were darn good going down.

My next dose of Zofran will be at 9:30pm, so by then we will decide if we head to the hospital, or continue to tough it out here. If I don't puke before then, I will think this may be the turn for the better.

1 comment: