Monday, October 3, 2011

Stitches out...almost

Spent over 3 hours waiting to be seen for my appointment today, so this did not start off on a good note. Got the stitches removed, only to come home tonight and find a piece of stitch, looks like fishing line, sticking out in front of my ear. I actually thought it was a piece of scab, so I wiped it with my finger. But then I realized it was plastic and hard. I got out the tweezers, and hoped it was just a loose string I could easily pull out.

Nope.

Not a chance.

The line is still attached to the base of my ear, on the inside. That "little" pull of the tweezers tightened up everything, and now it hurts like hell.

And that's not even the worst part. The worst is yet to come. I now get to spend all day tomorrow going back down to Philly, sitting in a room waiting to catch the doctor in between surgeries. And then I have to pray he doesn't have to re-open the incision to find the other end of the stitch.

Not a happy camper right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment