Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One step closer

I just got back from a 1 mile jog. Piece of cake for many, but a huge accomplishment for me. I've walked a mile since the surgery, but had never attempted to run. Until today. The weather is crappy, I've been in a blah mood lately, and I needed to just get out. So I put on my running shoes, and out I went.

Oh how I wish I could say it felt great. But truly, my ear ached, my neck hurt with every step, and I know I'll be whining tomorrow... Even more than usual. I have been trying to stretch my neck during the days, but nothing quite stretched it like each pounding stride, my shoulder bouncing up and down, really giving those muscles a good pull. There wasn't anything enjoyable about it, except for the fact that I overcame my fear of pain and kept at it. I refused to listen to my body telling me to "slow down and walk". And for that, I feel good.

BTW- I still owe you a 3-week update. Tonight, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. um...I probably couldn't run a mile right now and I haven't had neck surgery. You are leaps and bounds ahead of me (literally!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's train for something... Like 6 months from now. How about a Disney race, then we can meet there and run together. Or just walk around and meet lots of characters, and drink/eat our way around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and that 3 week update will have to wait. No pics tonight...

    ReplyDelete